Friday, March 8, 2013

A couple of baby steps on the International Women's Day

The world celebrates International Women's Day every year on the eighth day of March.  It celebrates womanhood and pays tribute to the indomitable spirit of women across the globe. Salute to the Womanhood. Annually on 8 March, thousands of events are held throughout the world to inspire women and celebrate their achievements. A global network of rich and diverse local activity connects women from all around the world ranging from political rallies, business conferences, government activities and networking events through to local women's craft markets, theatrics, fashion parades and more.

 Happy Women's Day for all the wonderful women 



Well today I had to plan for many activities. The first thing was to plan for the Cluster meeting going to be held tomorrow for which I had to call up and confirm the attendance of the volunteers. Around 70 calls were made out of which 22% confirmed their attendance. Yet again enjoyed the role of being a tele-caller. Performed much better this time. Spoke more confidently and friendly than the last time. Quick enough to close one call within much lesser time compared to the previous.

In the previous two weeks, I was shadowing the people to learn from then and today that task has come to an end. From tomorrow, I need to plan my day's schedule, analyse what can be done, take a decision and move on. I usually end up completing task at the end moment. But then I'm on fire now. I need to plan one week ahead. It's surprising for me because I used to not even plan a day ahead but now one complete week. It's amazing to see a change in me.

The next big thing happened with me today is that I was given a task to ensure volunteer engagement in different activities as the schools will be closed in the coming couple of months. I have taken up the task of engaging volunteers in some inactive zones like Shivajinagar, HSR Layout and Koramangala.

Now it goes, I have a very tough, tedious and challenging week ahead.

  1. Connect with Mamalpeth school at Shivajinagar for summer camp. IGSSS NGO is conducting summer camp along with one more school
  2. Meet Prakash Raju from Keshava Seva Samti to connect volunteers for summer camp
  3. Connect volunteers for an NGO  which provides shelter for homeless people at Townhall
  4. Find out schools in Shivajinagar, Koramangala and HSR Layout and conduct need assessment
  5. Find out a institute to conduct orientation for volunteers at Shivajinagar
  6. Find out Partner NGO' s in Shivajinagar, Koramangala and HSR Layout and connect volunteers
  7. Connect volunteers to Seva Basti's - tuition centers

That's quite a list. I'm so happy that I could plan out most of them on my own but now the question is to work on them and get them to execution. I feel very excited to work on my plans. Feels great to work on something which has so many impacts on so many lives. I can proudly say I'm doing some little thing practically which I'm finding really exciting. 

Next week I'm full on field visits. Screening stage of the process and then hopefully by next week I can successfully land in planning stage to execute the same.

The First step is always the hardest and I have dared to take it !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment