Sunday, March 15, 2015

A memorable trip to native #together

Written exclusively for https://housing.com

Over 3 years ago, my friends and I decided to go on a trip to my native. It had been pending from a long time. In fact, it was the first time I was planning something like this. We four decided to spend 3-4 days at my home. The plan was in place and we were all excited.

On reaching Hubli, my parents welcomed us and made all necessary arrangements for our stay. I was meeting the pets at my home after a long time. It was a joyful moment. I spent the whole of morning playing with them. In the evening, we all went around the city, and shopped. In the meanwhile, my mom had cooked special dinner for us. We all spent nearly 2-3 hours having dinner at our own pace, talking about hundreds of things and telling our stories to our parents. It was such a memorable experience of being together. It was powerful.

On the next day, we all decided to go to a nearby place to visit a Buddhist monastery. It is one of the most serene places that I have seen. We spent a lot of time at this place. Soon, our conversations started to go across all the topics of life. A lot of secrets were let out, and most of these discussions were news. It is a pleasant experience to open up and speak with people close to your hearts, be it friends, parents or anyone. In fact, when we have such people around us, it makes us feel powerful and optimistic. It is always good to have a guide and some support in life. Family and friends are perhaps the greatest source of support who can always be trusted and relied upon.

Over the course of next couple of days, we discussed on several topics. We shared our joys, sorrows, problems, solutions, and all these brought us even closer. On the last day, we headed out for dinner along with my parents. My parents spoke about their lives, their experiences, and also offered us some advice. It was the first time that I had seen them open up and speak so much. Perhaps, if I was the only person present, they wouldn’t have opened up so much. In fact, my friends kept questioning and I was hearing answers like those for the first time in my life.
“Never let go of hope. One day you will see that it all has finally come together. What you have always wished for has finally come to be. You will look back and laugh at what has passed and you will ask yourself... 'How did I get through all of that?"
Life comes to us in many forms and appearances. Each of these is intended to make some difference to us. A lot depends on how we all look at these and take decisions. In the process of taking decisions, it is of immense importance to have our friends and families by our side. Aishwarya Rai once said, “My family is my greatest strength, and also my greatest weakness”, and there is so much truth in this statement.

It was a great tour and the memories are fresh in my mind even now. For months after that trips, we kept looking at those pictures together and rejoiced each moment. Today, though we all are away from one another, I am sure, like me, they too feel the nostalgia of being together.



No comments:

Post a Comment