Thursday, August 20, 2015

Airtel 4G - Need for Speed

From an option to an alternative to a necessity to an indispensible way of life, the internet has come a long way in the last 20 years. There were days when we would pay massive amounts for a dial up connection, and there are now time when we get lighting speed connectivity at throwaway prices. The world has become a small place due to the speed at which information flows. The world has now moved to extensive internet usage on the mobile phones, against the traditional access points like PCs and laptops. Mobile internet speeds have been picking up with time and we have evolved from 2G to 3G, and now, 4G. 

In my opinion and experience, Airtel (http://www.airtel.in/4g/) is the best 4G service offering in my city. I have been using the services for a couple of months and I must say it is blazing fast. I have started exploring several wonderful things over the internet due to this great speed. In the initial days of using internet, it was all about checking emails and doing a couple of google searches. When 3G came in, we also had a strong social media penetration across India, and thus, it all led to spending more time on facebook, twitter, instagram, whatsapp, etc. Communication took a big change with improving internet speeds. We all started typing more and speaking less, even though the call rates hit the floor. With 4G internet, I have observed that my preferences of internet usage have changed. I have been using 4G for several interesting things in life. 

One of the biggest improvements is that I have started to recognize in my life is that I am using websites like coursera, khan academy, ted talks, etc., more often than youtube. Due to the great speed that 4G offers, it has become a boon for people like me to spend time in some of the world’s best courses offered for free on coursera. Earlier, It was really difficult to open these websites/apps due to the low internet speeds. I have been able to attend several classes and complete a couple of certifications too, all thanks to Airtel 4G. Perhaps, this is the real intent of the internet, which is a massive storehouse of knowledge.

It has also become really easy to upload/download images or videos due to 4G. Whenever I desire to watch a movie, it is as good as watching it live, as if it is playing on the TV. The quality of the video is also fine, unlike earlier where we’d have to reduce the video quality for it to buffer correctly. Better internet speeds have a range of opportunities to offer us, and it is best left to us to explore and find how best we make use of this improvement in technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment